Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The latest cycling happenings......

Hello again!
I haven't had much cycling oriented stuff to write about lately. Actually since starting this blog I've come to realize that I really don't have much to say! That said, I've made my hotel reservations for the Fiesta Island time trial on May 10th. Which also happens to be my birthday weekend....whoopie. http://www.fiestaisland.com/. I also signed up for the Great Western Bicycle Rally in Paso Robles set for Memorial Day weekend. http://www.greatwesternbicyclerally.com/. I'm mainly going for the time trial on Saturday, but myself and a friend from work are heading out Friday and camping on site Friday night.
Closer to home I'll be attending the Fresno Cycling Club's monthly time trial on Thursday April 16th. Here is there website, http://www.fresnocycling.com/. I'll post my before training base line that I received this past October. I can't remember the actual time, but the average speed was 22.4 miles per hour. I'm hoping to best that and am hoping to break 25 miles per hour by the end of the season. I'm not sure that will be possible, because that is really starting to fly, but we'll see! Hmm, what has come in the mail recently.
I received my replacement chain and eccentric bolts from Van Dessel yesterday. I can't say enough about the Country Road Bob that I make my 14 mile commute or the company themselves. I'll try real hard to make my road bike a Van Dessel
if I can round one up cheap enough! Here is a link to Van Dessel, http://www.vandesselsports.com/. Oh, I also ordered a pair of race tires for the time trial bike. Hold on to your seat... they cost me 180.00 with the glue and valve extenders! That's a lot of cash! I know car tires that cost less than that! It is actually possible to get an entire bike for less than that, but I wouldn't want to ride it. Since I'm not the flashy type, I went for the blue and yellow Tufo Jet Special tires. I figure blue and yellow tires will blend into the background nicely.
Well, I've got to head to work which will be real fun after the intervals I did on the trainer this morning!
Darren

No comments:

Post a Comment