Friday, March 27, 2009

I Love Fridays!

Fridays give many people lots of reasons to love them. I'd like to highlight some of the reasons I love Fridays. There are a couple reasons that Friday isn't great, but they are far outweighed by the pluses.



1. Friday means getting off of work usually before the sun goes down, at least since the time change! This is good for me because I don't even have to turn on the lights on my bicycle commute. Of course traffic if the worst on Friday evening, but that's okay.



2. I go into work earlier on Friday, so the workload is shared by us night shifters, and the day shift. So, plenty of people for the amount of work. Plus you get to shoot the bull with day shift guys before they leave for the day.



3. Barbecue! Well this isn't a Friday given, but it can be a regular thing at work. Of course today will be a shop carnitas day. (also known as pork ball day).



4. The weekend is starting! Do really need to explain the merits of that?



5. I actually get to see my wife before she goes to bed! We work opposite shifts during the week, so getting home before her bedtime is the best!



6. Eating out! I can ruin my weight management for the entire week, by celebrating the weekend with pizza, or burgers, or Chipotle, or some other sort of guilty pleasure that I don't get to do during the week!



I think I could go on, but it is Friday and that means I have 3 less hours before work than usual...........ugh.....man, I hate Friday!!

2 comments:

  1. I concur on loving Fridays, however, I especially love them at 5:00pm when the work week is officially over! I must say I am quite proud of your blogging dedication! Keep it up, we're loving it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ending made me laugh :-)

    ReplyDelete